Tuesday, September 14, 2010
In Class Free Write: Logos Argument
The logos artifact I brought in is some statistics from the Rock the Vote campaign. It entails some so facts about youth voting as well as some myths and truths. I like it because I am actually working on a project to get more students registered to vote and not only did it help me with that, but it also worked well to bring in today. These statistics show it is possible to make a difference with your vote and backs it up with hard evidence which is helping me with my project I am working on. It is common for people to have misconceptions when they don't know the truth on a subject which is what makes logos such a strong argument. For instance when companies are trying to compete with one another they will use their sales vs competitions to their advantage. This is particularly used in elections and political campaigns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey David, great example of logos. I'll definitely come to you to get registered to vote. Do you think you'll display these statistics or just have them on hand in case someone asks you why they should register? it would be interesting to see it either way.
ReplyDelete