The public space I have chosen to observe is Nordstrom. The reason I chose this space is because I have never been to this space before and have no preconceived notions about the space so this will be a true observation. This space appeals to me because it is a premier store in the fashion industry. I have been in Neiman Marcus, Saks 5th Avenue and want to see how it compares. I also like to expand my horizons and because this space is new to me I will be able to expand my horizons and learn something at the same time.
I'm not exactly sure what to expect. I know it is a high end store so I will probably see high quality merchandise. The store will be well kept, clean, low smooth playing music, very conservative. I think I will find a middle aged sales force between 30 to 45 with a lot of experience with a high level of expertise and knowledgeable of their merchandise. The target audience will be high middle to upper class, very conservative and have a pretty good fashion IQ with a good amount of disposable income.
I don’t think my preconceived notions will get in the way of observation because I have not been involved with this space so I am keeping an open mind. I am very much looking forward to this assignment.
I think choosing Nordstrom as your topic is really good. You have not been there before, so it will be a good experience for observation and it certainly will be a true observation.
ReplyDelete