Tuesday, September 21, 2010
In Class Free Write: Previous In Class Workshop's
My experience with in class workshops haven't been bad but I feel they are ineffective. First off I am being critiqued by my peers who most of which have no experience or knowledge to critique an essay. Other than smoothness to read and some other minor details nothing substantial really comes from these workshops. I would much rather meet with the Writing Center or professor for this assigned workshop time. Also I notice that when you are not an expert in a given field it is harder to look at things objectively. As my peers review my essay it could be many reasons why they find fault or praise my essay all of which could hurt or help me. Because of this I feel it is best to seek professional counsel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
David, I completely agree with this one. I have hard trouble trying to understand myself why getting critiqued from my peers would be best. After all should I not be getting critiqued from the professor who will eventually determine my grade? Maybe this is just simply morally trying to prepare us to accept criticism from even those we assume to be unadequate.
ReplyDelete