While reading through the public space paper rubric my first inclination was to write about a basketball court. The primary reason this space came to me was because I can directly identify with this space from growing up and actively on the court daily in my neighborhood and the different things I observed and learned while there. I did however think that this may be difficult because I am so personally connected to this space it will be very hard to be an objective observer.
As the class discussion went on I started thinking, hmm maybe I should find a space that I know about what am not acquainted with something like a museum or Saks Fifth Avenue. Because the in the essay I will have to talk about the public spaces societal framework and its place in culture I think that would be good because I can speak on its perception in society and then comment on the space after further observation and analysis. This would make for a great paper but also be a great learning experience so I think that is the route I will go.
So now picking a public space that is the question. Well I know that I need to pick a area that a lot of people congregate to but also something with a visual argument. The picking of this space is crucial to the success of this assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment