Sunday, October 3, 2010
Unit 2 Proposal Post
The topic I am picking for Unit 2 is the passing of the Health Care Reform Bill. I found this event not only interesting but profound as American because it is something that has been proposed and pushed by several different administrations. It struck me as intriguing as to why this administration was able to have this pass so early in this presidents tenure. I plan to search many avenues for primary sources. Various news reports and transcripts from Congress members, newspaper articles immediately following its passing and the statements given by the President and Speaker of the House before and after the passing of the bill. I will also use the media as a primary source such as CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other media outlets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is an awesome idea. I'm a Nursing major, so I'm extremely interested in all of this, and will be looking forward to what you find on this subject. I'm sure you'll get an extremely wide variety of opions and arguments when you look for your primary sources.
ReplyDeleteThis is a topic that will have tons of sources for, but as you know it is important to make sure they are primary and not secondary. Health Care is an issue that has spanned for many year, and it will be interesting to analyze the arguments different sources have proposed. The success of the bill passing for this administration is something I would consider focusing on in your analysis and when getting sources.
ReplyDeleteThis topic is certainly one of the most largely disputed topics in America today. I think it will be exciting to find out how many people actually can give a clear and supported argument on the bill.
ReplyDeleteI think Health care is a good topic to arise attention from American pubilic. Even if I do not think it will be fun to analyze but I suppose it is really worwhwhile to research on. But I think you need to pick a more specific one in Health care field.
ReplyDelete